Do you work for a not-for-profit organisation? You may be eligible to package up to $15,899 in living expenses each year.
Imagine if you could pay for some of your living costs before the tax man gets his cut. Salary Packaging allows you to pay for a variety of your everyday expenses with your before tax income – this will lower your taxable income which means you will pay less tax!
A simple and convenient way to do this is with an Everyday Purchase Card!
For each pay, a certain amount of your before-tax income will be transferred to your Everyday Purchase Card! It can be used just like a debit/credit card and allow for expenses such as:
- Utility bills
- Movie tickets
- Christmas and Birthday presents
- Restaurant meals
- Gift vouchers
Further to this, an additional benefit that can be linked to an Everyday Purchase Card is a Meals & Accommodation Card.
This additional benefit would allow you to package up to $2,600 per year which can be used for items such as:
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner with friends or family at a restaurant/café
- Drinks and food at a bar or nightclub
- Purchases of food or drink for a party or BBQ
- Drinks and food on holidays at a resort
- Taxi travel to a club or restaurant where you are intending to eat or drink
- Accommodation within Australia or overseas; including hotel or motel room, caravan park or bed and-breakfast accommodation
- Accommodation on a Cruise
If you like the idea of saving tax and would like to find out more about an Everyday Purchase Card or a Meals & Accommodation Card, please contact the Salary Packaging Team on 5451 0022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.